Thursday, May 14, 2015

Day 4

It did not take me a short time to get unhealthy so I know in my brain that I will not get healthy quickly. Also, I do not want to see a finish line or an end zone. I want to get healthy and stay as healthy as it is up to me. 
I also know that I need to set realistic goals for myself. I am over a half century in age, it would be foolish to think that I will ever see my 25 year old body again. 
But I don't want to be achy. I don't want to be short of breath when I do normal everyday things. I don't want to have to buy clothing that come from the plus section. And I don't want to avoid get togethers because I am ashamed of how much bigger I am now then I was the last time.
Last night was bad for me. While we walked I got severe pain in my calves. I managed to get my mile in but just barely. My legs hurt so badly. I had to take Ibuprofen and wear my compression socks just to sleep. I did look on the Internet and even talked with an online medical person. I was given four causes for my pain, each comes with different courses of action (or non action) as a remedy. I am not going to even entertain the thoughts of the two worst case scenarios. 
So....
It is day 4 for us. We are having an unplanned day off work. So I got caught up on some things that really needed done. Then I was quiet while Pops slept. When he woke, we had our supper then went walking. I walked 3/4 mile before my legs began to hurt tonight. So I did do my mile. Once again I will take the Ibuprofen before I go to bed, but hopefully, it will get easier with time. One possible remedy was as simple as replacing my shoes. I just might go that route.

We are in Salt Lake City, UTAH. UTAH is one of our favorite states.
Here is a picture of our supper. I switched things around just a little from the printed menu but still stayed within the food groups, calories and choices.
I made a stir fry using chicken thighs, frozen cauliflower and broccoli, mandarin oranges and onions.


Here are a few shots from our walk.  





No comments:

Post a Comment